Tuesday, November 06, 2012

The Manifesto Returns

It's been awhile. After law school I moved to Burlington, where the best sandwich is undoubtedly the Red Onion sandwich from the aptly named Red Onion Cafe.

Four Corners of the Earth is another popular establishment in Burlington and it is run by a delightfully eccentric man who offers sandwiches reminiscent of cuisines from all corners of the earth. One such creation is the Jamaican Avocado sandwich, below.
I have now relocated to Albany, NY to be with my girlfriend. So far the best sandwiches we have found in Albany are from Cardona's. It's not easy to choose a favorite, and I haven't tried them all, but the Cardona's Club is definitely a winner.
With my brother living in NYC now, I am looking forward to going down there to sample the sandwiches at Torrisi's Parm, which boasts the best chicken parm and eggplant parm sandwiches in NYC.
If anyone has suggestions for sandwiches in the Albany area, we'd love to hear them. It is strange that the Jewish deli scene of NYC is seemingly nonexistent here in NY's capital city.

No comments: